It seems all my photos seem to look the same color. I really need to liven things up with some color. But this was so tasty I don't think it matters what it looked like.
3 cups milk
1 small onion
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dried thyme ( I don't care for thyme so I used tarragon)
1 Bay leaf
4 T butter
3 T flour
2 & 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Butter a 9x13" baking dish.
2. Mix the milk onions, & seasoning in a sauce pan and bring to a low boil.
3. In a medium saucepan melt butter over med heat & whisk in flour until smooth.
4. Slowly add heated milk, stirring constantly until smooth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 4 minutes. Add the cheddar & Parmesan. Stir until cheeses are melted & sauce is thickened.
5. Turn off heat & remove the bay leaf. Preheat the oven 350.
6. Cook Notta Pasta in boiling water for 4 minutes. Time carefully.
7. Pour Notta Pasta back into pot & mix in the sauce. Combine well.
8. Pour Mac & Cheese into prepared baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, then broil for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Edited to add : I sauteed the onions first, I wanted to make sure they were done and flavorful. I also added the seasoning at this time (the Fine Herbs and Tarragon). The recipe had you just broil it, but I baked it some to make sure it set up nice. I did like the browning on the top.
When you serve this you can cut them out in squares. This rice pasta works so well in this, I could substitute this easily for regular pasta. This is one that didn't last, of course I used a smaller pan, my 7"x 11" stoneware!