This is what I came up with after looking at loads of ideas
- 1large firm green mango washed peeled and julienned
- steamed or cooked shrimp (optional)
- 1 carrot peeled and julienned
- 1 small shallot sliced or diced or not you can skip it or use green onion
- 1 teaspoon ginger fresh grated
- 1 sprig of mint chopped
- 1 chili chopped ( or chili flakes to taste, I used shichimi togarashi)
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar or brown sugar (you can use more)
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce or chili flakes (optional)
Mix the mango, carrots, shallots, ginger, mint and chili in a large bowl. In a small bowl whisk together the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and chili sauce until sugar is dissolved. Pour over the salad and toss with the shrimp or just add them on top.
Garnish with black sesame seeds, (or you could use poppy seeds) and julienned shiso leaves or chili flakes...or really anything you want!!