I saw these curled circle kabob skewers at Home Goods on clearance of course. I thought how these would look on my white plates to make a great presentation! Well what a pain these were. First they were a little difficult to hold on to while threading the meat on the skewer. It was easy to poke yourself with the metal tips, but then I always get poked with bamboo slivers on the bamboo skewers.
I had it all planned out to place the organic volcano rice seasoned with aromatics in the center and some mixed greens...oh well. My daughter had a friend over and she loved it, and ate seconds and thirds of the rice. We all enjoyed it nice, tender and full of flavor. You can serve it with a garlic tahini sauce and wrapped in a pita, but we just slid them off the circle skewers and ate them!!!
- Then once it was loaded it didn't fit very well on the large plates that I have. I kinda had to overlap them and hope they didn't fall off on the way to the grill. Not only that...they were hard to fit on my small grill. I could only fit two at a time. I tried to fit all 4 but there was just no way. When I went to turn them the tip would get caught under the grate...so it was quite an interesting grilling experience. Even having to do them in batches, once I got the hang of it, it wasn't so bad, and they sure did turn out tasty! I was lucky to think about it early enough in the day where I could marinate them for a few hours.
- 3 - 4 chicken breast
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon prepared creamy horseradish sauce (optional)
- 3 gloves garlic
- juice from one lemon about 1/4 cup
- 2 teaspoons cumin ( or more, I like a lot of cumin)
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, (I used chives because that's what I had)
- salt and pepper
Cut up chicken into cubes and place in a glass dish. Mix together ingredients and pour over chicken and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 - 8 hours. Thread the chicken on the skewers and grill until done.I didn't really measure I just tossed it in the bowl I hope I remembered everything I added, but it's a very forgiving recipe. I salted and peppered them after the marinading time just before the grill.