Anyway I started my daughter on salmon with Goya's mojo corilla marinade, and she loved it and would request salmon with steamed rice and broccoli. A mother's dream. Then we tried catfish, rainbow trout, haddock, halibut and more. So now when we find a new fish to try she is gun-ho all on board to try it!!!
We ran across this sutchi fish that is similar to catfish and will hold up well to pan frying, we thought we'd try it.
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (optional)
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or less)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay (or other seafood seasoning that you like)
- if you don't have Old Bay try this:
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon tarragon (I just like dried tarragon with fish)