Let's face it, anything in muffin tins or individual cups are more fun! These hash brown cups are so versatile you can make them the way you like it. I added spinach and small diced tomatoes to mine. Here is the guideline of ingredients and method...of course do what works for you.
- 1 20 oz bag of refrigerated shredded hash browns, (or 3 cups shredded potatoes, or frozen hash browns thawed)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, (or more to taste)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup fresh spinach, then I shredded it
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 tsp seasoning (I use a Tuscany blend, Costco's Organic No-Salt Seasoning is good for this too)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cheddar cheese (to top after it bakes)
- Now here is where you can use what you like...a little spicy add some red pepper flakes, or add some green onions, onions, or onion powder....or sausage! Chopped chives or any fresh herbs for garnish.
Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Press into the prepared muffin tins. If you are adding a lot of toppings or an egg save some room for that. If adding and egg you can crack an egg and add it to the top before baking.
Hi Lyndsey, I love the look of your hashbrown potato cups, got to be delicious! I love those crispy bits jutting out!ReplyDelete
Looks delicious! I will definitely be making these, and soon!ReplyDelete
Glad to see you back posting. :) Hope you all are continuing to heal and doing well. I think of you every time I use my Bonnes Herbs (which is often!!).
Nice to see you back, Lyndsey. These potato cups look awesome!ReplyDelete
Another unique and clever delicious creation. Love the recipe, and the pretty photos!ReplyDelete
They look so cute and seriously delicious!!ReplyDelete